Welocalize is offering a unique opportunity for those who enjoy a combination of linguistic and technical work. We are seeking Simplified Chinese (Mandarin) Localization QA Testers / Proofreaders for a project in Austin, Texas. We need your native-level fluency skills combined with strong technical skills. If you are looking for a long-term role, this is a great opportunity for you!
The tester will conduct test cases, identify localization bugs, report them via an internal bug tracking system, and verify the fixes once implemented. The perfect candidate will possess strong linguistic skills.
On-Site in Austin, TX
W-2 (eligible for benefits based on hours worked)
Monday - Friday (9:00 am - 5:00 pm → with one hour of lunch in between → 35 hours per week)
Duration: Long term
Preferred Backgrounds: Marketing, Journalism, Copy Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Translation and/or Localization
- Native-level fluency in their respective language
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working in translation
- Tech-savvy, with experience testing web-based systems and applications on Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to prioritize linguistic issues and distinguish between a true must-fix and a nice-to-have
- Experience working with test cases and test scripts
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly articulate reproduction steps for a given issue and communicate critical information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with very diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team ethic
If you are interested in moving forward, please apply through the following link:
I look forward to hearing from you!
Talent Community Coordinator at Welocalize